Best Travel Insurance Plans
Are you flying abroad? Family members flying abroad?
If yes, buying a Travel Insurance is very critical.
In a foreign country, it is highly advisable to ensure your international travel before you commence your trip .
There could be unforeseen events during the trip. Travel insurance provides protection for you and your family in case you get sick or sustain an injury. It can cover medical and hospital expenses, emergency evacuation, repatriation, dental bills and a long list of other costs like loss of checked baggage, trip delays/cancellation, loss of passport, personal liability, hotel cancellation and many more. Insurers also offer customized travel insurance plans for the benefit of users.
Since the cost of treatment abroad is quite high it makes sense to hedge against any adverse situation.
It is important to note that when you are travelling overseas and you have taken an international travel insurance policy, you pay your premium in rupees but the coverage is in the corresponding foreign currency. On an average, you get an emergency cover of up to $1,00,000 if you are paying a premium of Rs.1,000.
With currency fluctuations and mounting costs, don’t you think it is a good idea to have yourself covered with a travel insurance from India?
What is Covered?
Common exigencies covered under these policies are:
- Medical expenses due to a medical situation during travel abroad
- Emergency Dental treatment .
- Loss of travel related documents including Passport.
- Personal accident resulting in death or permanent disability.
- Delay or loss of checked-in baggage.
- Financial emergency and need for cash due to robbery, theft or loss of insured funds when overseas
- Hijack relief.
- Trip cancellation or Delay.
- Burglary/Theft in house in India when the policyholder is abroad.
- Legal liability to a third party in terms of damage to property or accidental injury
- Before selecting a plan, read the policy carefully. Make a note of what is included and excluded.
Available Travel Insurance Plans
- ICICI Lombard T.Insurance
- HDFC Ergo T. Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz T. Insurance
- Reliance T. Insurance
- SBI T.Insurance
- TATA AIG T.Insurance
- Bharati AXA T. Insurance
- Apollo Munich T.Insurance
- Religare T.Insurance
- Future Generali T.Insurance
- Iffco Tokio T. Insurance
- Star Health & Allied T. Insurance
- Cholamandalam T. Insurance
Do compare the product features before zeroing in on travel insurance provider.
Have a safe flight!